Prep Work: Work out which teachers need class codes added, and which need class codes removed… I find it easiest to actually set up the parents’ evening, then go to Dashboard > Options > Edit the Teachers > Download Classes to see a list of who is linked to which class codes…
Once you know what needs changed, just make those changes:
- To add a class code to a teacher: Go to the Teachers page, edit a teacher (or, if the teacher doesn’t exist, add them and then edit them after)..
- Make sure you’re on their correct subject (add a new subject if necessary) and click ‘Add Students’.
- Here you can use the Class Codes filter to search for a class code and use Add Class to add it to the teacher.
- To remove a class code from a teacher: Go to the Teachers page, edit a teacher..
- Make sure you’re on their correct subject and use ‘Delete a Class’ button…
- Here you can use the Class Codes filter to search for a class code and use Remove This Class… to remove it from the teacher.
Finally, once you have moved all the class codes around, there are two jobs left to do:
1. Go to Dashboard > Options > Edit the Teachers and when the page loads click ‘Update’. This button will show any new teachers eligible to be added to the evening. Select (so they go green) the teachers you want to add, then hit the orange ‘Add or update evening teachers’ button. This adds those teachers AND tells the parents’ evening about all the class code swaps you made, so you want to do this even if there are no new teachers to add.
2. Still on Dashboard > Options > Edit the Teachers, after the page has finished Updating (see point above), scroll down the list of teachers and tick all teachers/subjects you don’t need. You can sort the column by Subject if easier. Once you’ve ticked everyone you don’t want, go to the top and use Delete Selected to remove them. Once the page refreshes it is automatically saved and your parents’ evening is ready for bookings.